Price & Payment
A non refundable deposit will be required to secure a booking and will be requested at One Six Events discretion on an individual event basis. The full balance is due to be paid no later than 30 days prior to the day of delivery by cash or credit / debit card. We cannot accept cheques at delivery. Payment can be made by BACS, and these payments must be showing as cleared 30 days before the event, or the customer must e-mail evidence that BACS transaction has been initiated. Quotes are subject to a site visit. Please note, additional charges are incurred when travelling over 25 miles from depot to site on a basis of £1 per mile both directions and additional staff costs.
Setup and Sign-off
One Six Events will require the hirer to be on site the morning of setup, to ensure the marquee is in the correct position. Where this is not possible, discussions will be made before hand with the hirer and markings to be made to clarify this before the day of setup. One Six Events will require a sign-off meeting once complete to run through the marquee to ensure that the hirer and One Six Events are mutually satisfied.
The Company insurance includes full public liability cover of 2 million pounds. Security of equipment is the full responsibility of the hirer especially if the site is not the hirer’s land; we strongly advise that the hirer arranges security for the duration of the hire. The hirer will be responsible for all equipment hired until collected by One Six Events employees. If there is a delay in collection then the hirer must ensure that all equipment is secured in order to prevent theft/damage. If the Company cannot gain access to equipment hired then this will remain the responsibility of the hirer until such times that it can be collected.
It is the hirer’s responsibility to provide the company with the location of any underground services (gas, water, electricity etc) that could be damaged by marquee fixing spikes. The hirer will be responsible for any costs associated with the repair to unmarked/unidentified services and associated costs relating to their interruption resulting from not being identified to the company.
If extreme weather is forecast during the hire period we have the right to decline the erection and use of the structure. This is for the safety of all concerned. A wind management plan will be supplied to the Hirer and it is their responsibility to ensure that this is followed. The Company monitors wind forecast daily and if gusting winds which exceed those set out in our wind management plan are predicted we will endeavour to contact the Hirer and give advice on action to be taken. If the wind management plan is not followed the Hirer will be liable for any damages, claims by third parties or costs as a result of this not being followed. Hirers will be liable for the full hire fee in the event of late cancellation due to weather. Hirers must be aware of this possibility especially during the winter months. Additional Insurance is available at the hirer’s request, which will cover the cost of cancellation / site changes etc. (please ask for details).
Any equipment found damaged or missing during the hire period will be repaired or replaced at the hirer’s expense, unless a damage waiver has been paid. Where a damage waiver has been paid, the hirer will be limited to this, unless damage costs are significantly greater than this, in which case the hirer may be liable . No items or objects should be stuck to, affixiated to, or suspended from the marquee sides, roofs or framework before consent from One Six Events. If sellotape/ duck tape or any other tape is used anywhere on the marquee structure a minimum charge of £50 will be levied for cleaning any residue. Where security measures have not been adhered to by the hirer and no security has been put in place, the hirer can be help liable for any missing or damaged items.
Once the marquee has been erected and all exits and openings agreed, this should not be altered or tampered with in any way as this may render the structure unsafe.
1. You are responsible for:
- (a) the proper use and care of the Marquee for the Hire Period;
- (b) fire and safety procedures in relation to the Hire Period;
- (c) the health and safety of your guests;
2. It is your responsibility to also ensure that:
- (a) no dangerous or combustible or toxic gases or other allied product such as aerosols, explosives or pyrotechnics are stored within the Marquee;
- (b) if snow is a possibility the structure is heated in order to maintain a minimum temperature of 12oC inside the Marquee to prevent build-up of snow on the roof;
- (c) persons other than our staff or those under our supervision are not admitted to the Marquee during erection or dismantle operations until it is deemed structurally complete and safe by us;
- (d) areas underneath stages, platforms etc. are not used for storage and rubbish does not accumulate underneath these areas;
- (e) exit routes are kept free from obstruction at all times;
- (f) when any person is in the Marquee, the exits are clear to all;
- (g) continual reference is made to weather forecasting services, particularly with regard to a Marquee erected during the winter months and/or those erected on an exposed Site;
- (h) contingency plans are in place to evacuate the Marquee when wind speeds approach 60 mph or when measures to remove snow have been unsuccessful; and
- (i) no modifications are made to the Marquee, in particular structural components (such as cross bracing) or the number and positioning of exits.
- (j) No alterations are made to the marquee if the user is unaware of how it works.
Flooring or Ground
It is expected that if flooring is ordered the ground will be suitably flat to accommodate the type of floor used. The company cannot be held responsible for any uneven finish to the floor caused by pitting or bumps on the surface beneath, the hirer should arrange to level surfaces as much as possible prior to marquee erection. If the marquee build is delayed or cancelled due to the site being ill prepared this may result in loss of the booking deposit and One Six Events cannot be held liable. Grass surfaces must be cut short and all debris including fouling by dogs must be removed prior to the build.
For the safety of all concerned, the hirer may not enter the structure during the time the Marquee is being built or dismantled. The company cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage sustained by the public in or around the marquee during the hire period. Under no circumstances should the hirer alter or tamper with any electrical appliance or powers lead following installation. This includes extension cables. The hirer should not “plug in” any electrical appliance or power lead to existing extension cables without first discussing this with One Six Events, as this can lead to mains power being overloaded resulting in tripped fuse boxes, and possible damage to fuse boards/ generators.
The hirer is responsible for signing a completed safety checklist after consultation with a company representative once the marquee has been installed and in signing this checklist agree to abide by any instructions therein. If the hirer is not present to sign the safety checklist two company representatives will do this on their behalf and a copy will be left for the hirer’s reference. The hirer shall not use cooking equipment (except in the designated catering areas), lighting or electrical appliances or decorate the interior/exterior of the marquee without prior consent from One Six Events. Any damage/soiling resulting in such use that may require repair or cleaning will be charged to the hirer.
One Six Events will not accept Liability, and you may be liable for full hire fee:
- When the marquee build is delayed or cancelled due to the site being inaccessible or ill prepared or in any instance where the site is deemed unsafe by Company representatives.
- When delay or cancellation occurs due to adverse weather conditions.
- When delay or cancellation due to the hirer not obtaining appropriate permission from the public or local authority.
Cancellation by Customer
In any instance where the Customer needs to cancel their order they must first call our main office on telephone number 01428 735235 and inform a member of staff in person, answer machine messages or emails informing us of cancellation are unacceptable, and the hirer will be help responsible for the pull payment. The Customer must ask the name of the member of staff that they are giving cancellation instructions to and supply a live e-mail address in order that written e-mail confirmation of the cancellation can be sent by return confirming our acceptance of the cancellation. If the Customer cannot provide evidence of this procedure being followed they may be liable for the full cost of their hire.
While every effort will be made by One Six Events to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by One Six Events consequent upon any cause beyond the control of One Six Events.